Saturday, July 29, 2017

About Me

Hello,

My name is Samantha Kelly and I am currently taking classes in educational technology.  I received my bachelors from Purdue University in biology education.  I also have received a masters in reading as well as taken coursework towards an ESL and LBS1 endorsement.  I have been a 6th grade science teacher since 2008 and absolutely love working with middle school students.  I have been at Fischer Middle School in Aurora, IL since 2009.  I spend most of my time outside the classroom with my crazy big family. I enjoying spending as much of my time outdoors as possible, preferably with a good book. As my school has recently gone 1:1 I have enjoyed learning how the new trends in technology are impacting education.

8 comments:

  1. Samantha, I loved getting to know a little bit more about you through this post. How big is your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family I spend regular time with is about 30 people, but several times a year when we all get together it is 80+.

      Delete
  2. 80+??
    I thought I had a big family! What's the best book you read this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha, your blog looks interesting. And, wow, big family for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha, I love reading too. Just at this point in time, I feel I don't get as much time to spend on it (unless I'm at the doc's for an appointment). I am gravitating towards Netflix more!
    Whats been a good book that you've read recently (non fiction please) ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how your profile pic is your bitemoji. I also like spending free time outside and inside reading. I am reading Me to We, what are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha, didn't realize this was your first year teaching science! That's pretty awesome! Love that you love to spend time with your big crazy family too!!

    ReplyDelete